Thursday, 23 June 2016

Year 12/AS Level Reflection

What techniques/media did you enjoy using the most? Explain why: 
- Using a Graphics tablet: For me this was a technique that I had never used before, so through the year as I learned how they work I was able to interpret designs using the graphics tablets for each of my projects.
- Ink drawing: For me this was also a technique that I had never used before, so I experimented with the outcomes that it can creates for my festival poster. With this I enjoyed creating several different designs which I then developed and used for my final festival posters.
- Mono-printing: This is one of my favourite printing techniques, I have used this many times in the past so I was confident in using it for my exam project. With this I knew how to easily to create designs and the different outcomes it can produce, meaning that I could easily interpret into my stamps.
- Mixed media: I enjoyed using this technique as i could interpret each of the other techniques to create my designs.

What do you think is your most successful piece of work? Explain why:
- Festival poster project: I feel as though this was my most successful project as the overall final outcome produced was a lot better than I had originally anticipated. For this project I also carried out a lot of development to get me to my final piece, I created different types of guitar ink drawings (different shapes and colours) which i then continued to manipulate them by adding texts, filters, effects and text.

What piece of work do you value the most? Explain why:
- Winter olympic stamp project: As the technique of using the graphics tablet was completely new to me, the initial start of the creation of my stamps took a long time. As my confidence grew I could easily finish a design within a couple of lessons, and still have a high amount of detail. Whilst also using a new technique, I also used one of my favourite art techniques: Mono-printing. I have used this technique a lot of the past few years so I am really confident in getting the outcome to be as i had planned, and knowing the different methods that I can use the mono-printing with.

Which artist/designer influenced and inspired you the most? Explain why:
- David Carson: Inspired my guitar design and layouts. I choose to focus on David Carson for this project as I liked the kind of style he created for each of his pieces and how he interpreted different techniques into his work. Whilst researching into David Carson, his work inspired me and influenced my festival poster designs.
- Jonathan Allardyce / Fionna Fernandes: Inspired and influenced my winter olympic stamps. I choose to focus on these artists as i liked the style that they use for there designs on graphics tablets. From this i tried to interpret there style into my own work which i then used to create my stamps.

If you could choose your own theme/topic for your next project, what would you choose? Why?
- Music related: One of my top interests is music. I like the different styles that can be interpreted with music, along with different techniques that can influence a musical outcome.
- Event or convention advertisement (Youtube or Comic con): Youtube is also one of my interests, with this is I also like the different styles that can be interpreted with a youtube theme (this can also be used for comic con advertisement)
- Mixed media: Use different techniques that I have used (Graphics and practical media like printing/using inks)

What did you find most challenging piece of work? Did you overcome it and how?:
- Olympic stamps: I found this project the most challenging as i used a technique that I had never used before, so as i was creating the project, I was learning how to also use this type of software. I also found this the most challenging because of the amount of detail in each of the stamps, along with including several techniques. Although I found this project the most challenging, I really enjoyed the development, learning a new technique and creating my final outcomes. With this the more I used the graphics tablet, the more confident I became to create my final stamps, I would use this technique again.

What skills or techniques have you improved on the most? Explain why:
- Using a graphics tablet (and software along with it): I have improved on this technique the most as it was a technique that i had never used before, but as i experimented with them throughout my stamp project my confidence grew so i now feel comfortable with using this technique
- Stencil poster effects in photoshop: This is also a technique that I had never used before, but by using this technique in my project I improved on my skill and knowledge of it.
- Drawing/Painting using inks: This is also a technique that I had never used before, but by using this technique in my project I improved on my skill and knowledge of it.

1 comment:

  1. Really good and detailed responses to the questions Emily and hopefully thinking about your answers has helped you come up with some ideas for you A2 project.
    I agree totally that your digital work is the area you improved on the most. You were initially reluctant as it is quite complex but through perseverance and hard work you not only mastered it but you were able to produce high quality work quite quickly.
    Although I would like to see you continue to improve and expand on these skills I do also think you ability to experiment in different media is a strength. Therefore I would encourage you to improve and explore both of these in you A2 project

    ReplyDelete